Yes. Andover Public Schools consistently looks to two sets of districts for pay and benefit comparisons:
- Districts to which Andover compares demographically
- A statistician was hired in 2015 to do determine which Massachusetts communities and school districts are demographically comparable to Andover. You can find his full analysis and report on the APS website.
- Demographically competitive districts are Arlington, Chelmsford, Franklin, Holliston, Natick, Needham, North Andover, Wellesley, Westwood, and Winchester
- Districts with which Andover competes for talent based on geography
- Although Andover may be demographically similar to districts in other parts of the state, Andover competes most directly against districts in its same geographic region for employee talent.
- Geographically competitive districts are Billerica, Boxford, Chelmsford, Dracut, Haverhill, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynnfield, Methuen, Middleton, North Andover, North Reading, Reading, Tewksbury, Topsfield and Wilmington