July 28, 2021
Dear APS families and staff,
In June, the Andover School Committee voted to change school start times, which will take effect with the upcoming 2021-22 school year for grades K-12. We recognize these changes may require a shift in your family’s schedule and we hope communicating this information in advance will assist in mitigating any impacts to APS families.
New times for the school day (beginning 2021-22):
- Andover High School: 8:15 AM to 2:51 PM
- All middle schools: 8:15 AM to 2:50 PM
- All elementary schools: 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Early Release Days (a list of early release days can be found on our 2021-22 school year calendar):
- Andover High School: 8:15 AM to 11:30 AM
- All middle schools: 8:15 AM to 11:30 AM
- All elementary schools: 9:00 AM to 12:15 PM
Shawsheen Preschool will not be affected by this change.
Bus Transportation updates and changes:
- Bus passes can be requested until July 30th. To view and download the bus pass transportation form for grade 6 students; click here and for grade 7-12 students; click here. Completed forms need to be received by Friday, July 30th before a late fee will be added for grades 7-12. K-5 students do not need a bus pass, they are automatically enrolled for transportation.
- Finalized bus routes and assignments, including bus stops for all grade levels will be posted in ASPEN and on our website the week of August 23, 2021.
- Once posted in ASPEN the week of August 23rd, please note the following:
- Bus stop locations for AM pick-up and PM drop-off may differ slightly.
- Bus numbers may change from AM pick-up to PM drop-off.
- Due to a shortage of drivers (locally and nationally), signage on the buses might be from a district other than Andover Public Schools. Some buses may display an emblem from a different district, for example Lawrence or Methuen Public Schools.
- With the start of the 2021-22 school year, there will be no more B-runs for buses, and some buses may arrive a bit late at schools in the afternoon.
- Any traffic, construction or other delay may impact the bus routes as drivers are focused on getting students to and from school on-time safely.
We appreciate your patience as we work together to bring our students to and from school safely.
For more information on transportation at APS, please visit our website. Should you have further questions; please contact our Transportation Manager Cindy Button at email@example.com
Dr. Magda Parvey, Superintendent
Cindy Button, Transportation Manager