- When to stay home?
- Fever of 100* or higher, chills or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
- Cough not due to other known causes
- Sore throat when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion (not due to known allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
- If your student is staying home due to illness, please call the attendance line (978) 247-5501 to report the absence
- Please do not return before being symptom free (without medicine) for at least 24 hours
- What screenings are done in high school?
- Grade 9 Postural Screening, SBIRT
- Grade 10 Hearing, Vision, Height and Weight
Note: If you choose to exclude your child from any of the screenings, please notify the nursing office in writing annually.
- What immunizations are mandatory in high school?
- When do I need to submit a physical in high school?
A valid physical must be submitted for all 10th grade students. Student athletes must submit one annually per MIAA guidance.
- What is the dismissal procedure for students who feel ill?
If your student asks you to dismiss them for health reasons, please direct them to come to the clinic and we will evaluate and treat accordingly.