Who We Are & Stay Connected
Andover Public Schools (APS) is dedicated to providing creative and high-quality instruction that educates the whole child to prepare students for success in college, career and life. We are known for rigor and excellence in academics, arts, science, and athletics.
APS is focused on world-class, child-centered excellence from preschool to graduation. We have one preschool, five K-5 elementary schools, three middle schools, and a senior high school.
Andover prides itself as one of the highest performing school districts in Massachusetts, with a current total school enrollment of approximately 5,600 students. We place a high value on class size and our students enjoy one of the lowest class sizes in the area.
Andover Public Schools Communication Protocols and Resolution Procedures
Communication with our families is essential to the success and wellness of our students. This chart is designed to assist our families, helping them to connect with the appropriate staff and to understand who is best suited to answer questions or resolve concerns.
Stay Connected with APS
|WHERE TO LOOK||TYPE OF INFORMATION||HOW TO GET IT|
|Alert Phone Calls/ Text Messages||APS shares alerts using the Blackboard Connect System. The system sends recorded phone calls and text messages in case of emergency, closings and for non-emergency information.||APS families and staff are automatically signed up. Keep your primary phone number up-to-date with your child’s school. |
|Alert Email Messages||In some instances, an email may accompany a phone call/ text message alert. We may also send general information emails.||APS families and staff are automatically signed up. Keep your primary email address up-to-date with your child’s school.|
|Web Alert/ Information||Most information shared via Blackboard alerts will also appear on our website under “School District News.”||Visit: www.aps1.net|
|Facebook||Our Facebook page is a go-to for news, pictures, events and emergency information||Like and follow the district’s page: https://www.facebook.com/AndoverPS/|
|We post news, pictures, and emergency announcements on our Twitter feed.||Follow the district’s feed: https://twitter.com/AndoverPS|
|District Website||Our district’s website is home-base for a wealth of information and resources for our schools.||Visit: www.aps1.net|
|Schoology||Our Learning Management System (LMS) is a source of information about student learning and achievement.||Visit: https://andoverlms.schoology.com/|
|Aspen||Aspen is the family portal for back-to-school forms, registration, user id and password and to view student progress in school.|
|District Newsletter||All Around APS is published and distributed to families and staff bi-weekly during the school year.||APS families and staff are automatically signed up. Keep your primary email address up-to-date with your child’s school.|
|In-Person||You can always connect directly with one of our employees, administrators, teachers, School Committee, etc. by email, phone, or in-person.||Organizational Chart|
APS By The Numbers
- 96% of AHS graduates pursue higher education, with 87% attending their 1st choice school
- APS is classified as "meeting or exceeding targets" for MCAS scores, the highest classification a district can receive.
- Per pupil spending: $20,941 (FY22)
- At APS, our students hail from more than 43 countries, and approximately 52 languages are spoken in their homes. Diversity: 65% White, 19% Asian, 9% Hispanic, 4.5% other or multi-race, 2.5% African American.
- Average SAT score: ERW 598, Mathematics 599
- 162 AP Scholars, 510 AP exams - 79% scored 3 or higher
- Numerous state and national awards in the arts, athletics, robotics and academics.
- Investment in infrastructure: West Elementary/Shawsheen Preschool currently under construction with anticipated completion in 2024/25.