APS Superintendent Search - 2021
The Andover School Committee is seeking a Superintendent of Schools to hold the position beginning July 1, 2021 and we look forward to community engagement.
In order to best engage the community in this effort and to identify a highly qualified and diverse candidate pool, in November 2020, the School Committee formally requested proposals from qualified firms or individual consultants to provide Executive Search Consultant Services. Through that process, defined in M.G.L. Chapter 30B, the firm Ray and Associates was chosen to lead the search in conjunction with the School Committee.
APS Community Survey
The profile for a successful candidate will be determined with feedback from the Andover stakeholders, including parents, students, educators, administrators, staff and the community at large. This process includes feedback to a survey developed by Ray & Associates which will help identify the characteristics of a superintendent most important to the Andover community.
Participate in the survey by clicking here..
Your responses are completely anonymous. The survey will close at 8AM on January 24, 2021.
Opportunities for Community Engagement
The consultants will be facilitating remote meetings using the Zoom platform from Tuesday, January 19th to Saturday, January 23rd 2021. We hope that you will be able to join a meeting for the group that most closely aligns with your role in the Andover community.
Please click on the appropriate link to register for the meeting you are available to attend. After registering, you will be emailed the Zoom link for the meeting itself.
|APS parents, guardians and other caretakers
(*Spanish language translation available)
|Wednesday, January 20th at 7:00 PM||Register to participate here|
|APS parents, guardians and other caretakers||Friday, January 22nd at 12 PM||Register to participate here|
|APS parents, guardians and other caretakers||Saturday, January 23rd at 9:00 AM||Register to participate here|
|APS teachers and instructional assistants||Tuesday, January 19th at 6:00 PM||Register to participate here|
|APS teachers and instructional assistants||Thursday, January 21st at 4:30 PM||Register to participate here|
|APS students - AHS students||Tuesday, January 19th at 3:30 PM||Register to participate here|
|APS students - middle & elementary students||Wednesday, January 20th at 4:30 PM||Register to participate here|
|APS principals||Thursday, January 21st at 3:45 PM||Register to participate here|
|APS assistant principals||Tuesday, January 19th at 3:45 PM||Register to participate here|
|Additional APS administrators including program coordinators,
other APS directors, and directors of facilities, public safety, etc.
|Thursday, January 21st 3:45 PM||Register to participate here|
|APS Support Staff including administrative assistants, custodians, food services||Tuesday, January 19th at 4:30 PM||Register to participate here|
|Volunteer Support Organizations including leaders of PTO/PACs, SEPAC, ELPAC, ACE, ANDONA, sports and performing arts boosters
(*Spanish language translation available)
|Friday, January 22nd at 9:30 AM||Register to participate here|
|Andover Business Community||Wednesday, January 20th at 11:00 AM||Register to participate here|
|General Andover Community||Thursday, January 21st at 7:00 PM||Register to participate here|
|General Andover Community||Saturday, January 23rd at 10:00 AM||Register to participate here|
- Community survey of desired qualities of the new superintendent (January 8th-24th)
- Meetings with constituent groups (meetings will be held remotely at various days/ times) (January 19th-23rd)
- School Committee workshop to finalize the profile for superintendent candidates (January 28th at 10AM). This meeting will be open to the public. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Identification and recruitment of candidates by Ray & Associates
- Candidate applications collected and reviewed by Ray & Associates
- Sub-committee of the School Committee established for candidate screenings and initial interviews @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Candidates selected by Ray & Associates for review by interview sub-committee
- Interviews of first round candidates
- Determination and announcement of finalist candidates
- Interviews of finalists by School Committee in open meeting
- Additional community feedback
- Superintendent selection by School Committee @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
About Ray & Associates:
Ray and Associates, Inc. is a professional organization that specializes in school executive leadership searches. The firm has been in the school executive search business since 1975 and has established an outstanding reputation for recruiting outstanding candidates that match the expectations of the Board and community. They have also been extremely successful in recruiting women, minorities and non-traditional candidates for school districts.
The firm has been recognized by "The School Administrator" journal as one of the top search firms in the country. Their professional consultants are persons with long experiences in the school executive search field with extensive backgrounds as school administrators, business executives, school board members, university professors, and attorneys.
All of the consultants within the firm have years of experience in the school executive search field. More information on Ray and Associates can be found here.